FEDERATION OF ASIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
ALUMNI ASSOCIATIONS INC. (FAIM)
ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
(As of October 10, 2013)
The Federation of Asian Institute of Management Alumni Associations Inc. (FAIM) pays tribute to a select group of members with excellent performance in various fields of professional or entrepreneurial through the TRIPLE A Award, which is given every year.
Basic Criteria for Selection
The basic criterion for the Triple A Award is: Excellence and Capability Related to the Exercise of Profession.
The indicators to be evaluated include among others, the following:
1. At least one major significant professional achievement after graduation from the Asian Institute of Management.
a. Extent of effect of No. 1 above on the objectives of the organization/community, the respondent is connected with b. Extent/degree of influence of No. 1 above to the respondent’s organization/community and public.
1) Quantitative measures
2) Qualitative measures
2. Contribution to the upliftment/ betterment of the managerial profession
a. Extent of recognition as an authority in a particular field
b. Published/unpublished literature
3. Contribution to the advancement of entrepreneurship
a. Mobilization of resources
b. Sustenance of entrepreneurial venture
c. Unique contribution to national economy
4. Degree of personal excellence achievement.
a. Contribution to business community, the voluntary sector, the NGO community, the government, or society in general (innovation considered under this point)
5. Contribution to the upliftment of less privileged (poor) members of society.
a. Extent of contribution made
1) Quantitative measures
2) Qualitative measures
b. Contribution of AIM and betterment of AIM Alumni Required Data
1. Accomplished nomination form in PDF format.
2. Other Required Data include the following:
a. Three (3) references/endorsements, including highest supervisor/senior officer with their contact details, if applicable. Where not applicable, references/endorsements can be obtained from reputable sources not necessarily from the same company, enterprise or organization where the nominee works.
b. Curriculum Vitae of the nominee
c. Executive Summary / a short explanation of reasons for your choice.
d. Name, signature, contact details of nominator(s). Aside from the accomplished nomination form (in PDF format) please print and submit five (5) sets of said nomination document (and other possible documentation / materials supportive of your nominee).
All bona fide alumni of the Institute may be nominated for the award. Following tradition, nominators must themselves be bona fide AIM alumni. Nomination to the Triple A Award will be received by a special committee of the FAIM Chapter of each country for screening and eventual endorsement / submission to the FAIM Secretariat not later than 5PM, 15 November 2013.
Nominations should be addressed to:
Federation of AIM Alumni Associations Inc. (FAIM)
c/o The Alumni Relations Office
Asian Institute of Management
Eugenio Lopez Foundation Building
Joseph R. McMicking Campus
123 Paseo de Roxas 1260
Makati City, Philippines
Tel. (632) 892 4011 local 1875/1876
Fax (632) 893-7410
TRIPLE A AWARDEE SELECTION PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES
(Revised as of October 10, 2013)
(refers to bodies that will screen and select nominees after alumni country chapters shall have screened and sent their endorsements to the FAIM Secretariat)
1. The Screening Committee shall be composed of impartial, non-conflicted members comprised of:
- the Dean of AIM or if not possible, one of the Deans / Associate Deans/ or past Deans of AIM
- a recent Triple A Awardee but with preference for one of the latest Awardees
- another Triple A Awardee selected by the FAIM Office bearers (NOTE: Office bearers include Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer)
- a FAIM trustee or a FAIM Chapter head, the Vice-chairman of the FAIM, who shall act concurrently as the chairperson of the Screening Committee
2. The Final Selection Committee shall be composed of:
- the President of AIM or in his absence or unavailability, a member of the AIM Board of Trustees approved by the FAIM Board of Trustees
- three (3) prominent representatives selected from the AIM Board of Trustees or board of directors of the different business Chambers / benefactors of AIM
- the Chairman of the FAIM, who shall serve as Chairperson of the Final Selection Committee
3. Except for the Screening and Final Selection members clearly identified because of their position, the identities of the members of the Screening and Final Selection Committees shall be kept confidential until after the announcement of winners.
II. Basic Qualifications for Nominees
- A nominee must be a bona fide alumnus of AIM as indicated or certified by the AIM Alumni Relations Office and/or as defined by AIM.
- The achievements or contributions of a nominee should have taken place after graduation from AIM. Anything prior will not be considered.
- Self nomination is not allowed.
- Alumni Chapter officers/Board members of a chapter who are currently active with FAIM cannot be nominated while serving in their respective alumni associations.
- Nominations, the names of the nominees must be kept confidential at all times from filing of nomination and even beyond announcement of winners. After announcement of winners, said winners may be already be publicized.
III. Guidelines for Screening at both the Chapter Screening Committee and FAIM Screening Committee Levels
- Nominations should ideally be submitted to the respective AIM Alumni country chapters to which a nominee belongs. Each country chapter organizes a Chapter Screening Committee to select the best qualified nominees and submits the accomplished nomination forms via email (pdf format) along with five (5) sets of the printed document (and other possible supporting materials) to be delivered to the FAIM Secretariat based at AIM Makati within the announced deadline.
- The criteria to be used by the chapter must be the same basic criteria as that found and required in the Triple A Basic Criteria for Selection.
- At the discretion of the chapter screening committee, additional data aside from that provided satisfying the basic criteria of nomination may be requested of nominators to help the chapter screening committee fulfill its duty.
- At the discretion of the Chapter Screening Committee, a nomination may be waived for the next judging cycle pending the completion of required documentation. However, a nomination submitted to the Country Chapter level and pending documentation can only have a maximum validity of 3 years upon notice of further documentation requested by the Country Chapter.
- Nominations submitted directly to the FAIM Secretariat will be referred to the appropriate alumni country chapter for chapter screening.
- Nominations that are not applicable for initial screening by any alumni country or city chapter shall be given an initial screening by an impartial, non-conflicted panel to be created for the purpose by the FAIM Office Bearers, provided that panel members here will not be serving in the FAIM Screening or Final Selection Committees.
- At the FAIM Screening Committee level, in the event that there is a need to amend any ruling, a 2/3 vote of the Screening Committee will be needed with final approval by the FAIM Chairman.
IV. Basic Criteria for Selection Guidelines and the Nomination Form
A Triple A nomination shall follow the format of the nomination form and essentially fleshes out the basic criteria for selection herein re-stated as follows:
1. At least one major significant professional achievement after graduation from the Asian Institute of Management.5
1.1 Extent of the effect on the objectives of the organization/community the candidate is connected with.
1.2 Degree of influence of his achievement on the organization/community and the public.
1.3 Quantitative and qualitative measures.
2. Contribution to the uplift of the managerial profession.
2.1 Extent of recognition as an authority in a particular field.
2.2 Published and unpublished literature.
3. Contribution to the advancement of entrepreneurship.
3.1 Mobilization of resources
3.2 Sustenance of entrepreneurial venture
3.3 Unique contribution to economy, i.e., national, regional or global
4. Degree of personal excellence achievement
4.1 Contribution to the business community, the government, or society in general (innovation considered under this point).
5. Contribution to the upliftment of the less privileged (poor members of the society).
5.1 Extent of contribution made with qualitative and quantitative measures.
5.2 Contribution to AIM and betterment of AIM Alumni
V. Other Required Data
The accomplished Triple A Nomination form also includes other required data, namely:
- Three (3) references/endorsements, including highest supervisor/senior officer with their contact details, if applicable. Where not applicable, references/endorsements can be obtained from reputable sources not necessarily from the same company, enterprise or organization where the nominee works.
- Curriculum Vitae of the nominee
- Executive Summary / A short explanation of reasons for your choice.
- Name, signature and contact details of the nominator(s).